Are you new to planning a corporate catering event, and want a little help? Planning an event can be stressful but here is a checklist to assist with the event planning process and help avoid things from falling through the cracks. Of course, the earlier you can start working on details for your event, the better! This will allow for extra time should unforeseen issues arise.
#1 Getting Started!
- Establish Goals and Objectives
Determining this upfront will assist in gauging the success of your event
- Select a Date
Keep in mind other major events happening in the area and Holidays
- Choose a Venue
Do you need to obtain special event insurance? What other policies does the venue (alcohol, etc.)?
- Obtain Cost Estimates & Create Budget
Food & Beverage, Audio Visual, Rentals, Travel/Parking
- Recruit & Identify Event Manager, Speakers, Etc.
Who will you need on hand the day of your event?
#2 As your event nears, it is time to start ramping up!
- Prepare required Documents
- Finalize information for speakers, presenters, etc.
Topics, Bios, Etc.
- Venue Logistics
Floorplans, Signage, Menu, Registration Set-up, Etc.
#3 From there, it will be time to finalize all details.
- Send Reminders regarding registration and participation
Request copies of Speeches/presentations
- Finalize and Proofread Printed Materials
#4 By now, all your event details should be firmed up and all that’s left will be the final touches.
- Confirm all details against the Master Plan
Ensure back up plans are in developed for any situation (Weather, Illness, Set-up, Etc.)
- Finalize Script and brief staff on duties and timeline
Plan Practice session for anyone who will be speaking to the group
- Finalize Seating Chart
- Provide Final Registration number to Caterer
- Final Registration Check
Name Badges, Registration List
#5 Last Minute Details for the day before your corporate event
- All signage in place
- Registration Tables are prepared
- All AV Equipment set and working properly
- All materials on site
You event day has arrived! Remember, get a great night’s sleep & take a deep breath! You got this!