Biscuits and Berries is Denver’s premier full-service caterer, at the forefront of dedicated service and culinary experience and is looking to hire an experienced Event Designer to join our team. Biscuits and Berries is an unwaveringly client-focused caterer, with an organizational philosophy based on integrity, work-ethic, collaboration and transparency, with the ultimate goal being to provide our clients with unparalleled value and a truly positive experience in every aspect.
Our Event Designers are the backbone of our sales team and must both align well with our organizational values and be an experienced, driven salesperson. Our Event Designers are the primary point of contact from Biscuits and Berries for clients, venues, planners and all other key stakeholders from the initiation of the sales process through the execution of the event, and as such must exude professionalism and our values to ensure the successful execution of all events to the Biscuits and Berries standard.
- Possesses a positive, irrepressible attitude
- Proven ability to deliver against sales goals
- Previous experience in event management and sales
- Ability to communicate to/manage event staff
- History of maintaining professionalism during stressful situations
- Outgoing and friendly personality with a strong desire to work with other like-minded individuals in a positive, creative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong planning, organizational skills
- Manages time efficiently, and successfully multitasks/manages multiple concurrent projects
- Creative eye for fresh trends in both event design and gastronomy
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- 3-5 years hospitality experience; catering experience preferred
- Exemplary communications skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- General technological aptitude
- Maintain a flexible work schedule, including working weekends, evenings and early mornings as dictated by business volume. Attends events (and assists as needed) to ensure success
- Well versed in culinary terms
- Literate in rental equipment such as tables, chairs, linens, china, glassware and flatware
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Our main office is located ad 14818 W. 6th. Ave., #6A, Golden, CO 80401 and the general hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Additional hours in the evening, weekends and mornings are required and should be expected.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Biscuits and Berries hires based on merit and experience and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or veteran status.
Send your resume and a note or letter expressing why you are the perfect candidate for this position to Luke Woodward, Director of Catering at luke(at)biscuitsandberries(dot)com. Please use the subject line “Catering Event Sales and Designer”.